Search engine optimization (SEO) is probably the first thing that comes to mind when people think about different types of digital marketing. Search Engine Optimization, called the backbone of any digital marketing company, is one of the most crucial aspect in today’s world. At its core, SEO is about increasing your website’s visibility in the search results of major search engines. Basically, SEO refers to the process of making a website more visible on a search engine’s results page. If you’re working to market your blog or your business, you need to know what SEO means and what the rules and ways of SEO success are. A great SEO strategy will bring a company’s website at the top of the list on a Google search page, therefore increasing the possibility that people will visit the site. Search engines strive to provide the most relevant results to the person conducting a search and also helps to make a search relevant to the user and can be critical in driving traffic to the site.
Thinking of How SEO Works?
Search engines work by searching the Internet to find text that meets some certain criteria. This text is known as keywords and refers to the most important theme of the website, company, or product. Other important things that a search engine uses to rank a website includes titles, headings, and links that make up the content of a website’s pages. Search engines also employ search engine indexing to find, digest, and store the content of a website. A search engine index refers to the set of data that is used to base a final search result on.
Every SEO strategy is focused on ranking as high as possible in the search engines. To do this, we all try to design and develop a website that Google’s secret algorithm will love. That’s basically what SEO is about. The factors in Google’s algorithm can be divided into two categories which will determine the ranking of your website: on-page factors and off-page factors.
- On page SEO: It involves all the on-site techniques you can employ to determine how well that webpage ranks. It uses both content and technical elements to improve the quality of a page, so the more on-page SEO you do, the more traffic you’ll get to a website and the more relevant that traffic will be.
- Off page SEO: It involves promoting the website via other channels. It relies on other web pages to get traffic to its site. Off-page SEO uses various techniques to improve the website’s position in the search engine results page such as social networking, article submission, forum & blog marketing, etc.
Search engine optimization is a thing that must be embraced by all website owners who would like their sites to rank higher on search engines. To obtain higher rankings and to boost traffic, it is imperative to employ the best SEO strategies. Few strategies which can be used are:
- Website should be optimized to be mobile-friendly
- Focus should be on local SEO optimization
- User experience should be improved
- Maximizing social media marketing
- YouTube SEO should not be ignored
- Rely on the available SEO tools
- Link building
- Focus on Metadata
Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithm’s change. Search engines aren’t trying to make life harder for website owners. They see search as a product, and as they improve their product, the game changes by default. SEO plays a vital role in the ranking of a website, here are a few points regarding its importance:
- Majority of the search engine users are likely to click on one of the top suggestions in the results pages. To take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices also improve the user’s experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
Successful SEO is not about tricking Google. It’s about PARTNERING with Google to provide the best search results for Google’s users. SEO techniques are not as hard as some people presume them to be. However, you can achieve SEO success if you implement your strategies right with complete precision.